ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Lodz
RESEARCH FIELDLanguage sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE10/01/2020 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Lodz
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
HOURS PER WEEK40
competition for the position of assistant
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELLanguage sciences: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: ExcellentPOLISH: Good
The successful candidate is expected to have an MA degree in English linguistics.
The successful candidate should:
- demonstrate a broad knowledge of English linguistics, discourse analysis and sociolinguistics with emphasis on the analysis of natural language data;
- have research experience in the field and a relevant publication record (publication of original research, participation in conferences and workshops);
- demonstrate readiness to pursue doctoral research and didactic activity; experience in the analysis of spoken and written data collected in scientific and educational contexts, as well as the ability to use computer software and new technologies in the analysis of language data will be an asset;
- speak excellent English and Polish; the knowledge of other languages will be an asset;
The experience in organising conferences or festivals, as well as the experience in editorial and team work will be an asset.
The appointee will deliver classes in the broadly defined field of linguistics, including sociolinguistics and discourse analysis, as well as other courses offered by the Department. Additional duties will include the assessment of students’ progress, and contributing to academic programmes developed in the Department. He or she is expected to carry out research in line with the Department’s field of study.
Persons entering the competition must submit an application for employment addressed to the HM Rector of the University of Lodz, together with the following attachments:
- personal questionnaire,
- a statement that the University of Lodz will be the main place of work in the meaning of the above mentioned Act,
- information concerning the degree of knowledge of foreign languages
- a full list of scientific achievements (publications) and participation in scientific conferences
EURAXESS offer ID: 471109
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.