ORGANISATION/COMPANYRīga Stradiņš University
RESEARCH FIELDMedical sciences › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE09/01/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONLatvia › Riga
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK20
Rīga Stradiņš University is recruiting a lecturer in research within the framework of Project Applications Selection Round of Specific Objective 8.2.2 "To Strengthen Academic Staff of Higher Education Institutions in the Areas of Strategic Specialization"
“To strengthen the capacity of Academic Staff at Rīga Stradiņš University“
Rīga Stradiņš University (RSU) is one of the leading and most modern higher education establishments in the Baltic region with the vision of becoming a prestigious, advanced, Europe wide and globally recognized university with its principal asset – the people at its core, providing research-based, high-quality and exportable higher education.
Project objective: to strengthen RSU academic staffs’ capacity through internships at local businesses and training in the areas requiring additional competences and to increase the university’s academic community by attracting foreign academics and doctoral students.
Term of implementation: 1 January 2019 – 31 December 2022.
Employment period: at least 12 months during the project implementation term (20 hours per week) as well as at least 6 months after project implementation. The remuneration is set in accordance with external laws and regulations and Rīga Stradiņš University’s internal regulations at € 1000.00 per month before tax for part-time work.
Area of employment and main responsibilities:
- Development and improvement of the study course Otorhinolaryngology at the Faculty of Medicine in both Latvian and English.
- Development, improvement and lecturing of the study course Topical Issues in Otorhinolaryngology at the Faculty of Medicine in both Latvian and English.
- Preparation of explanations of otorhinolaryngology terminology in both Latvian and English.
- Preparation of brief descriptions of basic operations in otolaryngology in both Latvian and English.
- Completion of control questions in the course General Otorhinolaryngology for students of the Faculty of Medicine in both Latvian and English.
- Supervision and review of Master's theses in both Latvian and English.
- Participation in the preparation of scientific publications.
- Participation in the development of research projects at the Department of Otorhinolaryngology.
- Participation in an international scientific conference with a research paper.
Requirements for the applicant:
- Doctoral student in the accredited doctoral study programmes (with good academic performance and no academic debts) or doctoral candidates, who has successfully completed doctoral studies and is preparing for the submission and defence of thesis;
- Academic or professional specialization or work experience in the aforementioned areas of teaching;
- Preferable international experience in the aforementioned teaching area activities (projects, conferences etc.);
- Preferable scientific article publications in the internationally recognized editions;
- Latvian language proficiency level B2.2;
- English language proficiency level B2.2.
The application must include the following documents:
- Application form (Annex 1);
- CV in the Europass format, with respect to the above requirements and experience;
- Motivation letter;
- Copy of the diploma and transcript of records;
Specific conditions: the evaluation will be based on the documents submitted.
EURAXESS offer ID: 471116
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.