REBECA Mentoring Programme will officially start in July!
EURAXESS Italy has launched REBECA (Researchers Beyond Academia), a mentoring programme for researchers willing to explore professional alternatives with mentors working beyond academia.
- Supporting early stage researchers in their reflection about their career goals.
- Facilitating intergenerational an intersectoral networking of science professionals.
STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics), social science or humanities professionals working beyond academia will be paired with early stage researchers interested in alternative career path. Topics recommended to address include:
- Business development
- Exploitation of research results
- Research and entrepreneurship
- Intersectoral mobility and International careers
- Developing career strategies and alternatives to academia for researchers
- Communication and Networking
9 mentor-mentee pairs has been set and they will meet, physically or virtually, for 6 times from July to December 2019.
A virtual training in English will be offered for both mentors and mentees.