logo Euraxess Services


The main actors in research and technological development activities are universities, public research institutes and private companies. The contribution of the private sector to research is mainly due to the activities of a few large companies.
Funds for research and technological development come mainly from the Ministry for Universities and Research (MIUR), but other central bodies also allocate funds to research activities, for example, the Ministry of Health, the Ministry for the Environment, the Ministry of Agriculture, and other relevant bodies.

A research assessment exercise was carried out at a central level by the CIVR (Comitato di Indirizzo per la Valutazione della Ricerca), the National Committee for the Assessment of Research, in 2006. The results can be found on the internet. At present, a new national Agency for the assessment of universities and research (Agenzia Nazionale per la Valutazione dell'Università e della Ricerca), ANVUR is in charge of carrying out assessment actions concerning teaching and research. The new Research assessment covering the period 2004-2010 is available at


Further information    

Specific Units (Technology Transfer Offices) have been created in universities to deal with questions connected with policies in relation to patents and intellectual property rights.

Last update: 03/11/14 09:41

Area Science Park
UniversitÓ agli Studi di Camerino