ORGANISATION/COMPANYAalta Lab d.o.o.
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › ProgrammingPhysics › Computational physicsPhysics › Mathematical physics
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/03/2019 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSlovenia › Solkan
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
We are looking for a researcher to work on a Horizon 2020 project HERMES-SP!
The project is a mission concept based on a constellation of nano-satellites in a low Earth orbit, hosting new miniaturized detectors to probe the X-ray temporal emission of bright high-energy transients such as Gamma-Ray Bursts (GRB) and the electromagnetic counterparts of Gravitational Wave Events (GWE). The main goal of the project is to demonstrate the feasibility of detection and localisation of high-energy transients with simple nano-satellites and a disruptive level of cost-effectiveness.
The successful candidate will take over the following tasks:
- development of new parallel algorithms for time series analysis,
- design and implementation of the scientific data analysis software and pipelines,
- data reduction and analysis,
- writing reports and papers.
The project collaboration consists of 11 partners from Italy, Slovenia, Spain, Germany, and Hungary, therefore, the candidates must be fluent in English.
The application should be submitted electronically to the e-mail info @ aalta-lab.com with the following attachments:
- cover letter,
- list of publications,
- contact details of references.
Web site for additional job details
Required Research Experiences
RESEARCH FIELDPhysics › Computational physics
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE4 - 10
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELPhysics: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- experience in numerical modelling, data analysis, and optimization methods,
- knowledge of at least one of the following programming languages: C/C++, Fortran, MPI, CUDA, Python,
- knowledge of GRBs (data modelling and analysis, gamma-ray detectors, processing pipeline, data reduction, FITS format) or global positioning systems algorithms (position reconstruction, time tagging of scientific observations).
EURAXESS offer ID: 372577