The H2020 SME Innovation Associate is a new pilot action under the EU Research and Innovation Framework Programme 'Horizon 2020' supporting European SMEs and Start-ups to recruit post-doctoral research associates from other countries to explore an innovation business idea.
- Early stage support
- EU Grant covering the salary of the researcher for a period of one year
- Training Package for Enterprises and Researchers
- "Light" application
- Internationalisation, mobility, innovation, excellence
- to be a SMEs (including start-up companies) established in the EU Member States and Overseas Countries and Territories (OCT) or countries associated1 to Horizon 2020 are eligible.
- to be a PHD holder (R2 level in the European Framework for Research Careers), to have demonstrated expertise in line with the job advertisement; to comply with the Transnational mobility criteria.
The European Commission will support companies by providing international visibility to the vacancy notices; financial support to the recruitment of PhDs; tailored training assistance to the PhDs and to the supervisors in the companies.
- Submission SMEs application - Call Deadline: 30/06/2016
Proposals shall be submitted through the Participant Portal by 30 June 2016 at 5 PM (Brussels Time) at the latest.
- Publish the job offer- After the selection: 01/03-30/04/2017
Once the European Commission has selected the (up-to) 90 SMEs and Start-ups with the most innovative ideas and best recruitment plans, job vacancies will be published on EURAXESS portal.
- Recruitment phase – May – June 2017
- Placements phase – September 2017
Placements start for a 12 month period
For detailed information please visit the website https://ec.europa.eu/easme/en/h2020-sme-innovation-associate